May 10, 2022
Learn about getting back to basics when everything else isn’t working, how changing the rules can inspire creativity and innovation, and the state of local businesses in a post-COVID world.
Bite-Sized Delight From the Episode:
• Get Back to the Basics of Focusing on Existing Customers - after years of trying to chase new customers, JC Penney's new CEO is focusing on retaining the local customers that already shop there.
• Make Your "Rules" Customer-Centric - When the Savannah Bananas wanted to enhance the experience of watching a baseball game, they designed a new set of rules for the game that were more fan-friendly, and in the process created a remarkable, entertaining, exciting experience.
• Don't Forget the Local Experience - Podium's "2022 State of Local Business" research found that today’s consumers are looking for ease of doing business and price as the key differentiators for the local business experience.
Are You Looking for Things We Referenced?
• "JCPenney’s CEO Is Done Chasing New
Customers. ‘We Are Loving Those Who Love Us.'" - Suzanne Kapner
in the Wall Street Journal
• Making Meetings Better in the Hybrid Workplace - an ebook by our friends and partners at Mitel
• State of Local Business Report - by Podium
Learn more about the Experience This Show and the hosts: