Oct 5, 2021
Learn how to make up for missing pieces in your customer experience, why it’s crucial to think long term in a short term environment, and how you can take pointers on being remarkable - from the DMV!
Bite-Sized Delight From the Episode:
• Your Personality is a Force - LEGO’s playful, Star Wars-themed response is a perfect example of letting your brand personality shine in customer communications.
• Focus on the Long Term - Dorie Clark’s new book “The
Long Game” offers a powerful framework and useful tactics for
making long-term choices in a short-term environment.
• Know More about Your Customers - The Iowa DMV’s use of optional designations on a driver’s license allows for a higher level of personalized service and interaction for everyone that sees the ID.
Are You Looking for Things We Referenced?
• “A Customer Discovered Their $350 Lego Set Was Missing Pieces. The Company's Response Was Brilliant.” - by Jason Aten at Inc.com
• The Long Game: How to Be a Long-Term Thinker in a Short-Term World - by Dorie Clark
• Iowa Driver’s License - Optional Designations
Learn more about the Experience This Show and the hosts: